Friday, April 25, 2008

How To Make A Roap Ladder

Buenos Aires , "breath of fresh air?




was 11 o'clock on a Friday in mid-April. The Buenos Aires, like the previous days, was wrapped in smoke, with its consequent horrible smell. Smoke that had come to Buenos Aires and other areas of the province by the burning of grasslands on the islands of the Paraná Delta by farmers so that new shoots grow quickly. The same smoke and took the death of seven persons per accident on Route 9 at the low visibility in just one week. Following this, the Government decided to cut some roads that led, in turn, long lines of traffic on the streets of Buenos Aires. Here, some neighbors complain and insult the producers. Others blame the authorities for their slow response trying to control this problem. Who will not reason. All I know is that this phenomenon causes coughing, irritation of mucous membranes (eyes, nostrils and mouth), headaches and shortness of breath in people who suffer from asthma or lung disease.
Under this scenario, walking the streets of Belgrano observed that most managers of the buildings were wearing masks that prevented them, at least for a while, breathing the smell unbearable. I also realized that many neighbors were going faster than they used to do regularly. I felt grumpy and ill be there. Only one question crossed my mind: Is there anyone who benefits from these days of smoke? My questions led me to enter the pharmacy "Farmacity" located at the corner of Avenida Luis Maria Campos and Viceroy Loreto. Upon entering, the first thing I noticed is that the employees were altered, as if they were running. There, I said Silvia:
- "On the morning of yesterday sold more than a month. People ask for eye drops and candy and throat lozenges. "Just then a woman was complaining about not getting anywhere masks.
Soldier At the intersection of Independence and Liberation, another drugstore, called "New Franco." This place is small and humble. From a distance you do not realize it really is a pharmacy until they are about it. In business serving Peter and George, two older men, who told me:
- The issue of smoke masks sales increased by 50%. In addition, we ran all allergy medications and burning throat.
I kept wandering around the streets of Belgrano and I ran into the pharmacy "Deuce Belgrano", which is located in Luis Maria Campos 1269. Four ladies are in charge of the premises. Rita, a thin and friendly staff of about approximately 55 years, explained:
- All eye drops and nose, masks, propolis candies for the throat and allergy tablets were sold. Beyond this week that sales rose more than 50%, the truth is that I have no benefit. I am allergic and suffer from asthma. When there are not many customers took advantage to put eye drops and wear the mask. Enough
pharmacies! It was obvious that if I entered another would say the same thing. In addition, many businesses still missing me go. In Frederick Street Lacroze to 1863 in a laundry room door was standing Andrea, a shy young man who was frightened at the time I asked. "While it is true that all people complain them permeates the smell of smoke on their clothes, the number of garments that bring no washing up. "His answer made me bewildered because I thought I was going to say something completely different. Anyway, I continued my pilgrimage. As noon neared, more and more people were on the street. The smoke from little was diluted. I walked a block up and I passed in front of a veterinarian. I paused for a moment and noticed that there was only one customer inside. Entered and the first thing I heard were several barking dogs. There I was approached by Susan Smiley, the manager of the place, which I asked
- animals do also affected by smoke? No - she said - the pets are concerned in the same way that people.
Another answer that I expected, and I had read in several ways that this really happened. After politely say goodbye, I continued my search. I went to a barbershop, which is on Avenida Luis Maria Campos a few meters before the intersection with Teodoro García. There interrupted with Sergio, a man lean, high of 40 years, who was cutting his hair to a lady who had a strong English side. To my question, I said:
- Many customers complain that their hair has a terrible smell of smoke, which, beyond wanting to cut it, ask them to wash the hair that has a pleasant aroma. However, I did not notice that more people have come to the place these days.
I only had one issue to resolve. In these cases, meant that more people would use taxis or remises to move even for a short tour. After waiting for the light of the street Olleros be placed in red, I asked the first taxi driver who stopped if it was true what I thought. The driver, with a large sample of disinterest in talking to me, stated that "the movement did not vary with respect to the days when the city did not smell to smoke. "
End of tour. It was already 12:25 pm and had to return to the right to tell the teacher my experience on this rare and historic event, because no one would have imagined that one day his city was tinged with gray .

0 comments:

Post a Comment